By registering for the Women in Digital Membership, You are agreeing to the below terms and conditions:
- ‘Us’, ‘We’, ‘Women in Digital’ or ‘WID’ means Women in Digital Pty Ltd
- ‘You’, ‘Your’, ‘Attendee’, ‘Individual Member’, or ‘Corporate Member’ means the person or entity that purchased or signed up to the Membership
- ‘Event’, ‘Conference’, ‘Function’, ‘Meet-Up’ or ‘Networking Event’ means any Member-Only Events organised by Women in Digital Pty Ltd
This Agreement applies to You from the date of Your Membership commencing and until it is superseded by a new version. We may update this Agreement at any time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices.
- You can become a Member of any kind and live in any Australian State however at this stage, Women in Digital will be holding Member-Only Events in South East Queensland ONLY until further notice. Other benefits are included.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles You to admittance to Member-Only Events. Any and all other costs associated with Your attendance (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by You and we shall have no liability for such costs. For other Events, You may be entitled to a discount. These Events will be as per the description of the Event.
- No reselling, sharing or otherwise transferring Your Membership or discounted access to any Event. All new Members must complete the registration form and be approved by Women in Digital.
- You acknowledge and agree that views expressed by speakers at or in connection with any Event are their own and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given or views expressed during or in connection with any Event.
- Insurance: You are responsible for arranging Your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with Your attendance at any Event. We and our related partners will not be liable for any injury or damage to any person or to any real or personal property howsoever caused.
- You shall fully and effectively indemnify and hold harmless us, our related companies, affiliates, joint ventures, third-party service providers, and our respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors against all losses, actions, costs (including legal fees and disbursements on a solicitor/client basis), claims, demands, fines, damages and liabilities, of whatever nature, incurred or suffered by or made against us, whether or not foreseeable, arising directly or indirectly, wholly or in part, out of or in connection with any breach of this Agreement by You.
- To the extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties or conditions, either express or implied, or any part of them in respect of any aspect of the Membership or any related materials or Events.
- Cancellation of any Event. We reserve the right to cancel any Event at our sole discretion for any reason and at any time. In the Event of cancellation for any reasons other than due to a Force Majeure Event, we will aim to use all reasonable endeavours and reschedule the date but won’t be liable if the Event does not proceed.
- Disputes. If a dispute arises between us out of or in connection with this Agreement, we shall negotiate in good faith to resolve the dispute.
- This Agreement shall be effective from (and including) the day You register as a Member and survive termination of the Membership.
- Women in Digital reserves the right to amend or change any Membership at any time.
- Becoming a Member of Women in Digital does not include any voting rights, ownership or any joint venture between You and Women in Digital.
- When You sign up to any Women in Digital Membership, You will be subscribed to all Women in Digital related communications. If You choose to unsubscribe, You may miss important information. If Your Membership of any type expires or is cancelled, it is the Members responsibility to unsubscribe to related communications.
- You agree that Your Membership will automatically renew on the first date after the initial term.
- Corporate Members will be issued an invoice 14 days prior to renewal.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Attendance. You must register for each Event via the platform provided by Women in Digital. Capacity may be limited and is on a first-served basis. WID will do its best to accommodate everyone’s needs however at times WID may be restricted to max capacity.
- During Member-Only Events, You shall conduct Yourself in an orderly manner and shall not act in any manner which causes offence, annoyance or inconvenience to other attendees or speakers. You shall not canvass, promote, advertise or solicit for business in a manner which, in our sole discretion, is deemed unacceptable. We, in our sole discretion and without any liability or obligation to refund, reserve the right to request Your removal from any Event if we consider Your presence and/or behaviour to create a disruption, nuisance or hinder the Event and/or the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees or speakers; represent a security or health & safety risk to the Event and/or any other attendees or speakers; and/or fail to comply with, or are likely to fail to comply with this Agreement.
- By attending Member-Only Events, You acknowledge and agree to grant us the right at the Event to record, film, photograph or capture Your image in any media now available and hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from You or any payment to You.
- Drinking. We accept no responsibility for the actions of others while under the influence of alcohol served at any Event. You also acknowledge that it is unlawful for any person under the age of 18 years old to consume alcoholic beverages.
- You must comply with the rules and regulations governing any Venue. If You bring any property to any Venue, You do so at Your own risk.
Fees: Fees must be successfully debited on the due date. If You are late with paying fees more than two times, Your Membership may be terminated at the sole discretion of Women in Digital.
Direct Debit/Auto Payments: By becoming an Individual Member You agree that the renewal fee will be automatically debited at the time of renewal specified when You signed up.
Corporate Members: When a company purchases a Corporate Membership, that companies’ employees sign up to be an Individual Member with their discount code. Discount codes are not activated until the Corporate Membership is paid. The holder of the Corporate Membership will be invoiced annually by Women in Digital. Fees due as per invoice. To be a Member under the Corporate Membership, that Member must have an active company email address and register this email address. Corporate Members are responsible for the Individual Member adhering to the entirety of this Agreement.
Activation: Your Membership activation starts the day after payment has been received. If You are an Individual Member of a Corporate Membership, You must be an employee of that company and use that Membership discount code to be entitled a Membership. You cannot transfer ownership of any Membership nor attend any Member-Only Event held by Women in Digital without prior permission by Women in Digital.
Cancellation: You may cancel Your Membership at any time with no less than 14 days’ written notice to Women in Digital. When a Membership of any kind has been cancelled or terminated, If You have purchased future events other than Member-Only, we will honour that purchase. You cannot attend any Member-Only Events nor use any intellectual or real property, not limited to terms, design or artwork, logos or whatsoever created or gained by becoming a Member of Women in Digital. Any refund request will be at the sole discretion of Women in Digital. Women in Digital reserve the right to cancel any Membership for any breach of these terms and conditions at any time.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Queesnland.
*If You have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, express via email to [email protected]